Are you looking for the best violins for professionals?
Then it is the right place for you to know about the top professional violins that are worth your money.
Selecting the best violin to buy is not an easy task indeed! The instrument market is constantly changing its features and price range. Numerous violins are available in the market with different price ranges and levels of quality.
Therefore, you always have to be up-to-date to keep pace with the changing options and features of a high-end violin.
If violin music is also your livelihood, you must own a professional violin that can level up your playing skills as well.
A well-acquainted and meticulously crafted violin will help you to reveal the hidden excellency within you and allow you to produce the best sound with minimum effort. As a result, you can focus more on developing music naturally.
On the contrary, lower quality violins can hinder playability and your development will become harder.
Here you can find details of the quality violin brands for professionals. We will provide you a wealth of information so that you can make an informed decision before purchasing the best violin for the money.
Our Top Picked Best Professional Violins
We can compromise with the quality while choosing violins for beginners. But when it is time for purchasing violins for advanced players, we always have to consider quality above price. Take a look at the nine best violins for professionals and step forward to find the best professional violin brands.
- D Z Strad 509 Maestro Old Spruce Violin
- Cremona SV-500 Premier Artist Violin
- Sky Bird’s Eye Vintage Violin NY100 4/4 Full Size
- D Z Strad Model 220 4/4 Full Size Violin
- Cecilio CVN-600 Violin [Best Budgeted Professional Violin]
- D Z Strad Model 600 [Best Under 3000]
- D Z Strad Model 800 [Best Under 5000]
- Cremona SV-1400 Maestro Soloist Violin Outfit [Best Under 1000]
- Yamaha YEV105 Electric Violin [Best Modern Violin Brand]
1. D Z Strad 509 Maestro Old Spruce Violin
D Z Strad 509 Review
One of the popular violin brands D Z Strad makes this beautiful and antique design violin for both professionals as well as intermediate users.
It can be a great deal for advanced players. If you are looking for a soft but robust sound at a low cost, it will be a prime choice for you. Here are some special features and specification of this violin brand that we really liked:
- This world-class D Z Strad 509 violin is made from naturally seasoned high-quality tone-woods.
- The smooth framework of this instrument enhances the playability of the product. The top is made from Alpine or Italian Spruce while the back and sides are made from Maple.
- This model has a sophisticated sound with exquisite playability and depth. It can produce a consistent tone that can motivate and inspire the players as well as listeners perfectly.
- This is an entirely handcrafted violin that is delicately designed by some of the most talented craftsmen.
- It has a strong and polished tone with a 100% hand-oil-varnish finish. The strong and polished tone gives it an antique look.
- Suzuki instructors recommend this violin for its quality of sound and its beautiful design and talented craftsmanship.
- It is available in various sizes – 4/4, 4/4(one piece back), 7/8, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8.
- If you love to get a full set of accessories with your violin, it can be a good choice. Because you will get a Brazilwood bow, rosin, shoulder rest, and a nice case with this violin.
Expert Opinion on D Z Strad 509 Maestro Old Spruce Violin
The D Z Strad 509 can produce a warm and round tone. That’s why it becomes an absolute joy for both school instructors and private teachers. The exquisite playability and consistency will impress you indeed.
2. Cremona SV-500 Premier Artist Violin
Cremona SV-500 Review
Among all the violin brands Cremona is renowned for producing high-quality musical instruments at an affordable cost. Cremona SV 500 violin is also not an exception. It is a great option for professional violin players. Some advanced students also like to consider it.
Here we will like to present all the features and specifications of SV-500 so that you can decide whether it is suitable for you or not.
- This handcrafted Cremona SV 500 violin is made from well-selected tone-woods. It has a beautiful spruce top along with the most outstanding flamed maple back and sides.
- It is fitted with genuine ebony fittings and has lightweight four tuners with a composite tailpiece.
- The best quality prelude steel strings and ebony fingerboard ensure the best tone quality for users.
- 500 series is an excellent instrument with a very smooth and ear-pleasing tone.
- It has a transparent varnish that offers a vintage appearance. The top quality slightly shaded highlights give it an aged and fine look.
- It is available in 1/2, 1/4, 3/4, 4/4, sizes.
- You can avail this violin with a lightweight rigid foam oblong case and a solid, genuine, well-balanced horsehair bow.
Expert Opinion on Cremona SV-500 Premier Artist Violin
The solid body and vintage appearance of the Cremona SV 500 Premier violin are very suitable for professionals. Additionally, the elegant varnish makes this handmade violin more versatile than other models available at this price.
3. Sky NY100 4/4 Full Size Eye Vintage Violin
Sky NY100 Review
This particularly beautiful violin is a great choice for professionals for its reasoning sound and high-quality construction materials. Here are the detailed specifications and features of Sky NY100 4/4 Full Size violin for you.
- All the wood used to make this exquisite violin has been dried for 30 years. These are aged under ideal conditions to make this 100% hand-carved violin.
- Master violin makers used highly flamed bird’s eye maple wood to make the sides, the neck, one-piece back, and the scroll of the violin. Similarly, the top of the violin is made from Spruce wood.
- NY100 full size violin has a solid, rich, and deep sound. It can project great sensations while playing.
- Most of the intermediate learners as well as the advanced players appreciate the excellent and powerful tone of this violin.
- Sky NY100 has beautiful inlaid purfling and ebony fingerboard that perfectly match the requirements of intermediate to professional violin players.
- The beautifully designed pegs, tailpiece, and comfortable chin rest are made from the finest bird’s eye maple wood. You can get a high-quality built-in fine tuner along with this tailpiece.
- This model offers top-level craftsmanship and an antique vintage look by using completely original hand oil varnished.
- Sky NY100 4/4 violin accommodates a complete set of accessories like a luxurious Brazilwood bow fitted with original Mongolian horsehair.
- The high-quality rosin and the premium quality oblong violin case with rain-proof canvas are great additions to this violin.
It is available to the users with a ready-to-use setup.
Expert Opinion on Sky NY100 Full Size Violin
The impressive tone production quality of this violin makes it a perfect choice for violin players who want to transit from an intermediate level to a professional.
4. D Z Strad Model 220 4/4 Full Size Violin
D Z Strad 220 Review
D Z Strad Model 220 4/4 violin is a great choice for any intermediate as well as advanced level players. If you are looking for an instrument with sophisticated tones you can go with it without any hesitation.
It will provide you an open sound with cultured tones. Here are all the specifications and features of this model that you may like to check.
- The top of the violin is made of high-quality seasoned Engelmann Spruce while the sides and bottom are made of Maple woods.
- All the woods are naturally air-dried over 10 years to ensure the maximum durability of the violin.
- D Z Strad 220 4/4 full-size violin can produce a malleable and sophisticated sound. The depth and openness of the sound make this finely crafted violin well worth it at this cost.
- The violin has a hand-carved Maple bridge with dominant strings that yield sophisticated tones with open sounds.
- The violin comes with a Brazilian wood bow that enhances the performance of the violin.
- This antique-style violin is entirely handmade. The original hand-varnished makes it more graceful.
- You will get a hardcover case that may protect your violin while moving to different places. This wonderful case will also allow you to keep your instrument safely while not playing.
- Model 220 comes with some valuable accessories like a rosin and shoulder rest which complete this wonderful D Z Strad violin package.
Expert Opinion on D Z Strad 220
The hand-carved design and high-quality varnish give this violin a wonderful antique and elegant look that every intermediate player desires.
5. Cecilio CVN-600 Violin [Best Budgeted]
Cecilio CVN-600 Review
Cecilio CVN-600 is a premium professional violin that offers not only the best sound but also top-built quality. This neo-classical styling violin is amazing to play. Most of the advanced players like the excellent tonal quality as well as the great elegant look of this intricately designed violin.
- Cecilio CVN-600 violin is made from the finest materials. It offers superior body construction. It is made from one piece of highly flamed Maple and solid grained Spruce wood. All the woods are cured for at least seven years.
- The high-quality handmade finish gives this violin a classy look. The hand-rubbed oil finish of the violin makes the overall atmosphere more touch comforting.
- This beautifully made gear never compromises with its tonal quality. The rich tonal quality of this instrument is outstandingly suitable for stage performances.
- It has an ebony fingerboard with beautiful hand-inlaid purfling that is comfortable for all discerning performers.
- The highly durable ebony fingerboard, pegs, and chinrest are additional attractions of this hand-carved violin.
- You can avail a hard luxurious oblong professional carrying case with this violin. This case is beautifully decorated with a storage compartment, bridge protector, hygrometer, and padded neck restraint.
- Cecilio CVN-600 is also equipped with other accessories including wiping cloth, shoulder rest, rosin, and a blanket for extra protection.
Expert Opinion on Cecilio CVN-600
Its vibrant handcrafted finish and exquisite natural look make it stand out from the crowd. This model’s brilliant built quality makes it an outstanding premium violin package within its price range.
6. D Z Strad Violin – Model 600 [Best Under 3000]
D Z Strad 600 Review
D Z Strad Violin Model 600 is a wonderful combination of organic beauty and deep acoustic tone. Here is a quick review of this well-constructed professional violin.
- D Z Strad Model 600 has a well-constructed top that is made of Engelmann Spruce wood. Additionally, it has a Maple back, ribs, and scroll. All these seasoned woods are naturally air-dried for at least 15 years.
- It has a fully silver-lined bow which is made of high quality, dense Pernambuco. The bow is equipped with genuine white, unbleached, Mongolian Grade AAAA Horse Hair. It also comes with a round stick and an Ebony frog.
- The deep tones and clear notes make this violin more attractive to professional players.
- With the light antique finish, this elegant design and entirely hand oil-varnished violin impress all the professional violin players.
- This 100% handcrafted instrument has high-quality dominant strings.
- This violin comes with a protective case and good quality rosin.
Expert Opinion on D Z Strad 600
D Z Model 600 has super tonal quality as other Strad models. The sweet and real tone of this violin is highly appreciated by the users.
7. D Z Strad Model 800 [Best Under 5000]
D Z Strad 800 Review
This elegant design violin is one of the most sophisticated and highly popular models among professional players.
Find out all the features and specifications of the D Z Strad Model 800 so that you can decide whether this fine instrument is worth purchasing or not.
- Model 800 is made with excellent quality aged wood that mainly comes from the Italian Alps.
- It has a two-piece spruce back that ensures the top-class built quality of this violin.
- This full-size 4/4 violin can produce a smooth and powerful tone which makes D Z Strad Model 800 an ideal instrument for pro violinists.
- The high-quality fine varnish enhances the natural character of the wood. The light varnish makes this instrument an antique piece that is just suitable for advanced players.
- This handcrafted violin comes with high-quality Dominant Strings. These excellent quality strings can be adjusted comfortably.
- Other accessories including a good quality bow and rosin are a good combination of this violin.
- The one fine tuner makes it extremely easy to play with good intonation. You can enjoy a perfect fifth by stopping two strings with one finger while playing.
Expert Opinion on D Z Strad Model 800
If you are looking for a violin with finely cutting body construction, it can be the best choice for you. We appreciate the pure smooth resonance of the D Z Strad Model 800 violin.
8. Cremona SV-1400 Maestro Soloist Violin Outfit [Best Under 1000]
Cremona SV-1400 Review
If you are a serious violinist and searching for a violin with a great look and super sound quality, this might be your prime choice. Because every aspiring soloist would love to be thrilled to have an instrument like this. Cremona SV-1400 Maestro Soloist Violin will give you a lifetime of enjoyment with a lovely appearance and beautiful sound. Here are the detailed features and specifications of this model.
- Cremona SV-140 has premium quality solid Spruce top and hand-carved and graduated Maple neck and sides. The highly flamed one-piece back enhances the focused sound and acoustic tone.
- It offers polished ebony Fingerboard and Stradivarius Boxwood chin rest. You may also avail polished Boxwood tailpiece with E fine tuner.
- Due to its top built-quality, it can produce super focused sound.
- This full-size 4/4 violin accommodates Cremona aged maple bridge.
- The antique dark-brown spirit oil varnish makes it the first choice for any advanced player.
- You will get a Brazilwood horsehair bow with this violin. The polished ebony good quality frog will impress you indeed.
- It comes with Anton Breton VNS-150 Perlon quality string and purfling inlaid.
- The lightweight material Travelite brand suspension case is a super combination with this violin. You will get four bow holders and a hygrometer along with high-quality neck support and a back-pack strap.
Expert Opinion on Cremona SV-1400
If you love to play solo on violin, Cremona SV 1400 is perfect for you. You can play tough classical notes without any issue.
9. Yamaha YEV105 Electric Violin [Best Modern Violin Brand]
Yamaha YEV105 Review
Yamaha YEV105 electric violin is a sublime combination of acoustic violin and contemporary guitar shapes. It can reproduce gorgeous natural sounds. The high-quality oil-finished walnut frame of this violin yields an eye-popping visual while the well-constructed body with five layers of maple, mahogany, and spruce wood enhances the transcendent playability of this violin. Here is a review to measure the detail strength and resonance of this electric violin.
- This amazingly lightweight instrument has 5-layer high-quality body construction with Spruce, Mahogany, and Maple wood.
- It has carefully crafted Ebony chin rests, tuning pegs, and a rosewood fingerboard.
- Yamaha YEV105 electric violin can yield a gorgeous natural sound with excellent transcendent playability. High-caliber electronics can yield acoustic response.
- The oil-finished walnut frame of this violin enhances its elegant and striking looks. The airy infinity loop-like design offers super resonance.
- Yamaha YEV105 accommodates standard shoulder and a tailpiece with plastic fine tuners.
- This violin comes with the D’Addario Helicore string.
- It has a high-output passive bridge pickup that can be very helpful to switch over from a traditional acoustic violin.
Expert Opinion on Yamaha YEV105
Yamaha YEV105 is perfect to play modern music pieces. If you are a fan of Lindsey Stirling and want to play like her, this model will be the best budgeted option for you to fulfill your dream.
Read similar review articles
- 9 Best Cheap Violins That Produce Amazing Sound
- 7 Best Intermediate Violins That Have Professional Features
- Best Violin for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Students
What is a professional violin?
Professional violins are those violins that are being used for performance purposes. These are mainly used by dedicated advanced level players, instructors, or performance artists. These are top model violins that most players eventually hope to own.
How much does a good professional violin cost?
Numerous violins are available in different price ranges. Violin’s price mainly depends on the brand, size, craftsmanship, origin, and materials. If you are a learner, you do have to buy a highly expensive instrument until developing your skills at a higher level. A solid instrument with a decent sound will be enough for a beginner. But professional violins are mainly used by excellent performers and they appreciate better quality and improved sound. They require a refined instrument that offers excellent sound quality with a visually pleasing feature. The brilliant level of craftsmanship is applied to prepare a more aesthetic-looking instrument. For this reason, the cost of professional violins is quite higher than beginner-level violins. Usually, these professional violins cost more than $500. However, if you want to avail violins from reputable makers with improved tones, you may have to expense more than $2000.
How do you know if a violin is of good quality?
To verify whether a violin is of good quality or not, you may require reputable service from an expert who has years of experience and knowledge. But some common indicators may help you to identify whether any violin provides a standard quality or not. A good quality violin must have some criteria like the flame of the wood, good materials, and high-class craftsmanship. A good quality violin usually has tiger-like stripes in the body and variations in color. The greatest craftsmanship is another indicator of the high-quality violins. If you find the name of a luthier, it is likely a higher quality violin. A good quality violin must produce a richer as well as deeper sound than a poor-quality violin. A good quality violin must have a fingerboard, chin rest, and tailpiece which are made of ebony, rather than plastic materials. A higher-quality violin has one fine tuner that fits with the tailpiece as an E-string, whereas a low-quality violin has four fine tuners that are separately set on the tailpiece.
What’s the difference between a student violin and a professional violin?
The main difference between a student violin and a professional violin is the purpose. Students’ violins are mainly constructed for the learners who can practice by using their instruments. On the other hand, professional violins are designed for performance artists. These violins also differ in price and craftsmanship. Student violins are available at relatively lower prices whereas professional violins are expensive. Professional violins are used superior quality materials to ensure excellent build quality. On the other hand, student violins are using comparatively cheap materials to keep the price range affordable to novice users. Professional violins have upgraded sound quality compared to the student violins.
Professional violins must have the capability to produce natural sound with the highest level of excellence. Performance artists, instructors, and other dedicated players are the main customers of these violins. All the violins mentioned in our list are reliable instruments for performance purposes. You can choose any of the above-mentioned violins that suit your preferences and requirements. However, we are presenting our recommendation based on our analysis.
Our top pick as the best violin for professionals is the Cremona SV-1400 Maestro Soloist Violin. It offers a great look with super sound quality. It might be a sublime option for any aspiring soloist player. You can avail this beautifully designed violin within a modest price range. This elegant violin also accommodates a range of valuable accessories including a luxurious lightweight carrying case.
If you have no problem spending more, we will recommend going for the D Z Strad Model 800. This elegant design handcrafted violin offers an unbeatable value with a natural sonic tone. It can be considered one of the most sophisticated and highly popular models among professional players.
If you’re an expert violinist, you may like to avail the highest standard instrument that excels in your performance. Therefore, we always recommend purchasing an instrument that worths your money and matches your necessities.